Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2011

How to turn off the log in sound in Ubuntu

If you are like me, and often switch between different OS, you will get annoyed by login sounds easily. I tried to turn the Ubuntu login sound off, but the option to do so is somewhat hidden.


The Ubuntu login sound.


The settings in gdmsetup, didnt change anything

gdmsetup in german Unity options for gdmsetup in german
In order to turn off the login sounds you have to start gnome-session-properties:
gnome-session-properties in Unity Remove this check mark

In the gnome-session-properties search for "GNOME Login Sound" and remove the check mark
When you log in the next time, no login sound will be played :)


Here you can compare the Windows 7 login sound to the Ubuntu one
What do you think, which one sounds better?
And if you have a custom login sound for Windows or Ubuntu, leave a comment and let us know!

6 Kommentare:

Community Sketch hat gesagt…

Thanks! I had no clue how to do this

chauklet hat gesagt…

The windows 7 login sound is SOOOO much better!! It makes me feel good inside when I hear it, lol.

Nick hat gesagt…

nice post.

Moobeat hat gesagt…

cool tip

Agent 001 hat gesagt…

I dunno I prefer the Vista login sound personally

Mark hat gesagt…

Am I the only one who actually likes the Ubuntu login sound? lol

Kommentar veröffentlichen